The anniversary provides the framework for participants to discuss the situation of human rights in Europe today and look to the future on how to ensure that human rights remains central to tackling the various challenges that the EU currently faces.
Due to space limitations participation in the event is by invitation only. However, the full event will be live-streamed from our facebook page or use the twitter hashtag #10yearsFRA to keep in touch.
Watch the recording of the event >>
A decade of human rights protection: FRA turns 10
- Frauke Seidensticker, Chairperson, FRA Management Board - Opening speech
- Franco Frattini, President, Società Italiana Organizzazione Internazionale (Vice President of the European Commission, responsible for Justice, Freedom and Security, 2004-2008) - Symposium: Are we facing a crisis of#rights in the #EU today?
- Jan Wouters, Jean Monnet Chair ad personam - A European Human Rights Crisis? Recommendations from the FRAME Project (pdf 374 KB)
- Michael O’Flaherty, FRA Director - The Fundamental Rights Agency, 10 years on and looking to the future
- H.E. Alexander Van der Bellen, President of the Federal Republic of Austria - Marking the 10th Anniversary of FRA
- Věra Jourová, Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality - 10 years of the Fundamental Rights Agency
- Ulrike Lunacek, Vice President of the European Parliament - Video message