- Send with Email
- Share to Google
- Share to del.icio.us
- Share to Stumbleupon
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
While some themes remain, others have been expanded, merged or are totally new. The themes are:
- access to justice;
- EXPANDED: victims of crime, including compensation to victims;
- information society and, in particular, respect for private life and protection of personal data;
- NEW: Roma integration;
- NEW: judicial cooperation, except in criminal matters;
- rights of the child;
- EXPANDED: discrimination based on sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- MERGED: immigration and integration of migrants, visa and border control and asylum;
- racism, xenophobia and related intolerance.
The Council Decision establishing a Multiannual Framework for the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights for 2013-2017 was subject to voting by the Council. All Member States proved to be in favour of adopting the act, none of them abstained. For further information see the Council press release and note on the outcome of the voting.
The multi-annual framework themes for 2008-2012 are available on the FRA website.