Following a request from the European Commission, FRA has published an Opinion that analyses these issues and suggests ways of answering fundamental rights concerns.
FRA’s Opinion focuses on five main sections:
- the principle of equality before the law (Article 20 of the Charter);
- the protection of the rights of the child (Article 24 of the Charter);
- the right to an effective remedy (Article 47 of the Charter);
- the right to respect for private and family life (Article 7 of the Charter);
- the right to the protection of personal data (Article 8 of the Charter).
Without being exhaustive, this opinion discusses selected topics in light of these fundamental rights. In addition to a legal assessment based on fundamental rights standards, the opinion highlights potential practical effects of the envisaged system that should be taken into consideration when drafting the legislative proposal.