- Send with Email
- Share to Google
- Share to del.icio.us
- Share to Stumbleupon
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
The FRA is launching a Call for Expressions of Interest addressed to scientists who wish to be considered for membership in the Agency's Scientific Committee. The full call for expressions of interest is available here: [EN] [FR] [DE].
In accordance with Article 14, paragraph 5 of the Council Regulation (EC) 168/2007 of 15 February 2007, the Scientific Committee shall be the guarantor of the scientific quality of the Agency's work, guiding the work to that effect.
The members of the Scientific Committee shall be experts in one or more of the disciplines related to or relevant for human rights, inter alia:
- Social sciences
- Political sciences
Instructions for applications
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria contained in the full Call for Expressions of Interest, are requested to submit their applications electronically. In order to be deemed admissible applications must:
- Be submitted on-line;
- Be received by the closing date/time for submission;
- Include the following documents:
- a Registration Form;
- a Letter of Interest (maximum one page) and
- a List of scientific publications and abstracts of the 5 most relevant articles
Please proceed as follows:
- Fill in the Registration Form with the requested information;
- Prepare your Letter of Interest stating the reasons for becoming a member of the Scientific Committee;
- Prepare your List of scientific publications in books and peer-reviewed journals, including the abstracts of the 5 most relevant articles. Further supporting documents may be requested at a later stage of the selection;
- Save the documents in points 1 to 3 on your computer (in .pdf or .doc format ONLY);
- Click on the apply on line button;
- Fill in the application form in all mandatory fields (marked with asterisks);
- Upload the Registration Form, the Letter of Interest and the List of scientific publications in the required fields (in .pdf or .doc format ONLY);
- Click on confirm in the "Declaration of Honour" box;
- Check that all the mandatory fields of your form are filled in before you click on "submit" at the bottom of the page;
- After successfully submitting your application, a confirmation message will appear on your screen and you will receive an automatically generated mail as an acknowledgment of receipt with the number of your registration. Please keep the number as reference for any future correspondence.
If you experience any technical problem with our website, please save a screenshot of the error message and attach it to an e-mail addressed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us investigate the problem.
IN ORDER TO START YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE "APPLY ON LINE" IN THE BOX BELOW
Call for expressions of interest for the position of Member of the Scientific Committee of the FRA
The FRA urges anyone meeting the eligibility criteria and interested in the membership to apply. The FRA is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that its selection procedures do not discriminate on the basis of gender, colour, racial, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation, or any other status.
The FRA will not return applications to candidates. The personal data provided by the candidate shall be processed pursuant to the European Regulation related to personal data protection and in particular Regulation EC n. 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the community institutions and bodies, and on the free movement of such data. Personal data shall be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure. Should the candidate have any query concerning the processing of his/her personal data, he/she shall address them to the following address: email@example.com
We regret that due to the large volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted further. Once the selection is concluded, its status will be displayed in the Scientific Committee web page.
The closing date for submission of the applications is 11 July 2012 at 13:00 (Vienna local time). FRA reserves the right to disregard any application sent after that date/time.