The conference is open to the media on 7 and 8 December 2010. Media representatives are not required to register in advance, but they are encouraged to register underneath.
EU Fundamental Rights Agency press briefing by:
- Chairperson of the FRA Management Board, Ilze Brands-Kehris
- FRA Director, Morten Kjaerum
Tuesday 7 December 11 am VIP Foyer, 2nd floor, to be held in English.
Keynote speakers include:
- Viviane Reding, Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship
- Roberta Angelilli, Vice-President of the European Parliament
de Boer-Buquicchio, Deputy Secretary General, Council of
- Yanghee Lee, Chairperson of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Hilde F. Johnson, Deputy Executive Director, UNICEF
- Morten Kjaerum, Director of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
The conference will be opened by:
- Stefaan De Clerck, Minister of Justice, Belgium
- Ilze Brands Kehris, Chairperson of the FRA Management Board
Interviews will be arranged ad hoc during both days.
The Fundamental Rights Agency will present two reports at the conference:
- Separated, Asylum-seeking Children in European Union Member States
The FRA interviewed more than 300 separated, asylum-seeking children and the adults responsible for their care in 12 EU Member States. The interviews results reveal that the fundamental rights of separated asylum-seeking children are frequently violated.
- Developing indicators for the protection, respect and promotion of the rights of the child in the European Union
In order to measure to what extent the rights of the child are respected, protected and fulfilled in the European Union, the Fundamental Rights Agency has developed indicators, which measure progress in legislation, in policy and in outcome.
Media accreditation (non-compulsory)
For media accreditation, please use the form below or contact us by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Tel.: +43 1 58030 - 642
Please include your name, e-mail, media organisation.
Contact the FRA media team
Ms Blanca TAPIA
(Spanish, English, German, French)
Tel: +43 (0)1 58030-642 (direct line)
Mob: +43 (0)664 8858-1511