Human dignity is inviolable. It must be respected and protected.
EU Charter of Fundamental Rights
Title I: Dignity
1. Everyone has the right to life
2. No one shall be condemned to the death penalty, or executed.
1. Everyone has the right to respect for his or her physical and mental integrity.
2. In the fields of medicine and biology, the following must be respected in particular:
- the free and informed consent of the person concerned, according to the procedures laid down by law,
- the prohibition of eugenic practices, in particular those aiming at the selection of persons,
- the prohibition on making the human body and its parts as such a source of financial gain,
- the prohibition of the reproductive cloning of human beings.
No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
1. No one shall be held in slavery or servitude.
2. No one shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour.
3. Trafficking in human beings is prohibited.