The press briefing will be streamed live on the presentation event page from 10.30 - 12.00 on 8th November, the eve of the anniversary of the anti-Jewish pogroms that took place 75 years ago.
FRA will present the full findings of its survey of Jewish people’s experiences and perceptions of hate crime, discrimination and antisemitism in the EU. The results will be published alongside FRA's annual overview of antisemitism in the EU, thus helping decision-makers develop effective measures to counter the recurrent problem of antisemitism.
FRA Director Morten Kjaerum will participate in the briefing and will be available for interviews. Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos, who heads the Equality and Citizens’ Rights department responsible for the survey and Friso Roscam Abbing, head of the communication department, will also be available for comment. Representatives of the European Jewish Congress will additionally be present to discuss the findings of the survey.
Contact information can be found on the media contacts page.
- Combating antisemitism: more targeted measures needed (Press release)
- Findings Q & A (Media Memo)
- Address by FRA Director Morten Kjaerum to press conference (Speech)
- Discrimination and hate crime against Jews in EU Member States: experiences and perceptions of antisemitism (Report)
- Jewish people's experience of discrimination and hate crime in European Union Member States (Factsheet)
- Antisemitism: Summary overview of the situation in the European Union 2001–2012 (Report)
- Antisemitism survey data explorer
- Giving victims a voice - quotes from respondents of antisemitism survey
- FRA to present its survey of Jewish people’s experiences and perceptions of hate crime, discrimination and antisemitism (Press briefing live streaming)
- Video and audio statements
- Photo gallery
- Technical report: FRA survey - Discrimination and hate crime against Jews in EU Member States: experiences and perceptions of antisemitism
- Q & A on survey methodology: Survey on discrimination and hate crime against Jews in EU Member States
- Project description - FRA survey of Jewish people’s experiences and perceptions of antisemitism
- Survey details - FRA survey of Jewish people’s experiences and perceptions of discrimination and hate crime in European Union Member States
Press releases from other organisations
- European Jewish Congress Calls on European Leaders to Take Active Steps to Regain Trust of European Jewry
- Centre for Equal Opportunities and Opposition to Racism (French, Dutch)
- Joint press release from Jewish and Muslim organisations