Racism and Xenophobia Thematic AreaRacism, xenophobia, antisemitism, Islamophobia, antigypsyism and related intolerances are a core part of the Agency's work. These issues are a permanent feature of its activities, according to the Agency's Founding Regulation, regardless of any changes in the FRA's multiannual framework of action, which is defined by the European Council every five years.
The largest single project the Agency has carried out to date is EU-MIDIS, a survey of migrants' and minorities' experiences of discrimination and hate crime.
More information on the FRA's work on Roma.
A. Racism, ethnic discrimination and the protection of minorities and migrants
Migrants, minorities and employment - Exclusion and discrimination in the 27 Member States of the European Union (Update 2003-2008) (21/07/2011)
Handbook on European non-discrimination law (21/03/2011)
EU-MIDIS Data in Focus 5: Multiple discrimination (02/02/2011)
EU-MIDIS Data in Focus Report 3: Rights Awareness (07/05/2010)
EU MIDIS at a glance (22/04/2009)
Antisemitism Summary overview of the situation in the European Union 2001-2008 (updated 02/03/2009)
C. Muslim communities & Islamophobia
EU-MIDIS Data in Focus 2: Muslims (28/05/2009)
- Annual overview of antisemitism in EU Member States (spring 2012)
- Roma Pilot Survey - at a glance (May 2012)
- FRA Annual Report, Chapter 6, Racism and Ethnic Discrimination (18 June 2012)
- Official data collection on hate crime in the European Union: making bias-motivated crime visible [working title] (November 2012)
- EU MIDIS Data in focus report 6 on the situation concerning reported and unreported hate crime experiences by selected groups of migrants and ethnic minorities across the EU (November 2012)
- Results of the survey on perceptions and experiences of antisemitism (2013)