This FRA Opinion comprises 17 individual opinions that relate to various fundamental rights enshrined in the Charter “addressed to the Member States […] when they are implementing Union law” or “when they act in the scope of EU law.”
This Opinion is structured as follows:
- Chapter 1 - Selected horizontal fundamental rights implications of the proposed changes, including the role of voluntary departure as opposed to forced return.
- Chapter 2 - Specific fundamental rights challenges arising from the proposal under the individual stages of the return procedure.
- Chapter 3 - Changes to the system of remedies.
- Chapter 4 - Impact of the proposal in the field of pre-removal detention.
- Chapter 5 - Impact of selected parts of the proposal in the field of protection of personal data, without prejudice to a possible dedicated opinion delivered by the European Data Protection Supervisor.
- Chapter 6- Main fundamental rights concerns arising from the proposed introduction of a border procedure.