This FRA Opinion touches in particular on the following rights of the EU's Charter of Fundamental Rights:
- respect for private and family life (Article 7);
- the right to protection of personal data (Article 8);
- right to asylum (Article 18) and protection in the event of removal, expulsion or extradition (Article 19 (2));
- right to non-discrimination (Article 21);
the protection of the rights of the child (Article 24);
- the right to an effective remedy (Article 47).
This FRA Opinion does not replace a full-fledged fundamental rights impact assessment; some fundamental rights issues require further analysis.