Racial discrimination and harassment are commonplace. Experiences with racist violence vary greatly across countries, but reach as high as 14 %. Discriminatory profiling by the police, too, is a common reality. Hurdles to inclusion are multi-faceted, with many respondents facing discrimination during their job search and when looking for housing.
While the survey results paint a dire picture of reality on the ground, they can serve as an important resource for policymakers committed to promoting the full inclusion of people of African descent in the EU.
- Key findings and FRA opinions
- What do the results show?
- Harassment and violence motivated by racism
- Police stops
- Discrimination and awareness of rights
- Education and employment
- Housing and social inclusion